Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Late...again...sorry.

I'm running to Atlanta to shoot a car dealer. Regretably, I'll be using a camera.

With Beta SP - the dead format that wouldn't die.

[See, Sony decided that it was time to end the dominance of the Beta SP format - partly due to it's attempt to promote the vastly superior and vastly more expensive Digibeta and partly due to the fact that Sony was no longer the largest manufacturer of SP cameras and tape stock. So Sony declaired Beta SP dead and they announced the end of support for SP products. This lasted about six months. Today Beta SP remains one of the most common video formats for commercials and long format video world-wide. Digibeta died a lingering and expensive death - despite the fact that it really was all that and a bag of uncompressed 10 bit full component chips.]

By The way...I just moved my last anti-Sony rant to the rants section. I think I'll just delete the above...

Where was I?

Oh yes. Vexxarr will post in the evening tomorrow. Fear not, it is written and inked already. I just need time to scan, color and post it. And a new Vexx ontime Friday.

Huzza!