Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Vexxarr later today

I'm still laboring under the onus of Action script. I lost what amounts to a day to inaccurate documentation. You'll have to ask the (extremely young) boys over at Adobe for me why all of their official tutorial information reads:

"select the keyframe in the Interactions layer that contains the
question preceding the interaction you are about to insert,"

While an amateur third party site offered the more helpful and more specifically accurate:

"Select a frame across all layers of the timeline (except the layers with items
that are supposed to appear only on specific frames such as the opening
graphic)"

I took away from this that Adobe doesn't actually know a great deal about FLASH. The giveaway for me was the posting of instructions which are specifically and functionally damaging not only in print but and across several individual pdf documents from their official site.

I'll say this: it's the first decent argument I've encountered against piracy of Adobe products - don't steal Adobe. You'll loose your F_____G mind!