Friday, April 18, 2008

Solar Units

Yes, yes, yes...

Technically only our star is Sol. So the Bleen Navy would still likely use the term AU (astronomical units) but derive the short side of the triangle from the relationship between Bleen and their sun. Yet, an AU has become such an Earth-Centric term that - although potentially generic - it sounds specific to our sun and our orbit (and the distance from both whereby the Earth and Sol appear to be one degree of arc apart).

edit: It has been pointed out that I have confused an AU - the distance of Earth from Sol and a Parsec - the triangulation of Earth and Sun to one degree of arc. I'm blaming it on fatigue.

So where was i?

Oh, yeah. So by Solar Unit I mean a (Whatever the Bleen call their sun)-ar unit...translated from Bleen into English.

Good enough?

So now you know what keeps me awake at night...and why I have no friends.

I sleep now.