Friday, January 28, 2005

Authenticity?

I'd like to point out that - so far - a fair amount of research goes into making each strip of Vexxarr. For example, the flight suit seen here...

No thats NOT Christain Slater

comes from the SR-71 picture gallery available over at NASA.gov. I chose this particular picture as my model.

jaunty pilot flies mach 4

Also, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a picture of an air force Colonel's uniform online. I finally folded and went to the Stargate SG-1 website and copied General Hammond's. Turns out, it was a fairly accurate costume. I couldn't find a good picture of the 'scrambled eggs' on the hat brim so I fudged. Note that I reduced the air force emblem on the front of the hat to an oblong circle.

Also, I must have wasted a good hour plugging 'X-craft' designations into Google until I arrived at a number high enough to be a plausible black project. I didn't want to re christen Vexxarr's command ship the X-45 only to wind up sharing a project number with a sort of unmanned, composite boomerang.