Monday, April 18, 2005

Sahara

Go see Sahara. Now. Don't sit there and look at me...GO! Now! What? You think I'm kidding? Do I look like I'm kidding? Does this 30-ought-six look like I'm kidding? GO NOW!

Sahara may be the single best film in theaters at the moment. It's a straight adventure with a tight, well thought-out script, good character development and a story that, while not exactly plausible does make sense every step along the way. They also managed to destroy the hero-sidekick paradigm. This is a team-buddy picture where both characters have their center, their strengths and presence. And it's funny - funny in the way that makes you laugh. Out loud. IN PUBLIC! When is the last time you did THAT? It's been since...well...Ghostbusters for me.

Sahara.

See it.

* ka-click *

NOW!