Thursday, May 04, 2006

Old Star Wars out on New DVD!

The original Star Wars Trilogy - unaltered - will be out on DVD!

And Scott Kurtz is just sick of it. Who can blame him? He feels like Lucasfilm slowly leaks these products out to the market in an effort to grab all the cash that they can. He is right. Everyone does. How many versions of The Lord Of The Rings do you own? I have three versions of the Fellowship Of The Ring alone.

But this time I think it's different. This time I think Lucas miscalculated. This time I think George may have actually gone back on a promise he made to himself. We clamored for this release and he fought us every step of the way. Whether his motivations were ultimately greed or concession, it doesn't matter. This time I think that George Lucas changed his mind...

The email I sent Scott Kurtz at PVP in my rants section. You may read it if you wish. Or you can hold out for the original when it comes out on DVD too...