Monday, May 09, 2005

Scanner UP, DSL DOWN...

No sooner do I Frankenstein my Dell XPS D333 into a AMD 1.8 Ghz beast with an MSI motherboard, than my DSL simply drops out. Frantic calls to Earthlink soon reveal the cause of my distress... BellSouth. "How can BellSouth be the cause of my woe if I have Earthlink DSL," you ask? Because BellSouth owns the copper that my DSL travels to get from Earthlink to Eldergod, my computer. Yet as I do not pay for BellSouth DSL, they are rather testy when asked to check my circuit for trouble. In Fact, they inform me that they have no obligation whatsoever to the service of my third-party DSL. So I am left with no choice but to entrust Earthlink to the task of righting my DSL which makes me a sort of go-between for Earthlink whenever BellSouth has a question about my line. Why can't BellSouth just talk to me then bill Earthlink. We'd all get a lot more sleep.

But as I stated before, vile and awesome...

Well, vile at any rate. So Wednesday, a brand new Vexxarr with bells on. I promise. Hey, at least I didn't just throw in the towel!

:P