Monday, June 26, 2006

One Of Those Mondays...

I have a big project due Tuesday so:

1) I haven't and won't sleep until it is handed over.

2) My Diet Code Red consumption has tripled.

3) Vexxarr will update either this afternoon (Monday) or tonight (Monday)

Sorry for the lame last minute warning but I had hoped that I would be done by now. Alas, no. I have a Mac and as such, IT CRASHES! Those of you who know me know my position on this. Those of you who actually know who I am know WHY I have a position on Mac stability at all. And for those of you brainwashed by Apple propaganda let me stop your letters of outrage cold in their tracks. I offer you the following:

"The application Final Cut Pro has unexpectedly quit. Relaunch Yes/No?"

"File Error: Unknown File OK?" (clicking ok will delete the source file from the hard drive while simultaneously crashing the running application)

or my personal favorite

"General Error -39"

Folks, these are, in fact, crashes. They are common and frequent (depending on the version of OS X you are running) and unlike Windows XP, Apple actually takes time out of their busy day to lie to you about the cause and severity of these issues (Microsoft, by comparison, simply refuses to talk to you). And before you Mac Zombies chime in, My liquid cooled dual 2.5 Mac G5 is running to Apple spec. It's front end bus is fine. I have no pirated software installed. Apple built it in house to order. And not only can I duplicate my crashes on every G5 I have ever used, I can come to your house and re-create them there too if you wish.

Granted I'd rather purge my eyes with hot pokers than try to do my job with XP running Premiere Pro - but Mac instability is the actual reason it's taking so long to finish this job. I don't hate Macs, I've just gotten to the point where - for what I do - they are no more and no less stable than Windows 2000. I don't edit video on Windows and I don't transcode video formats on a Mac.

Now I need to get back to my Mac and lay down more voiceover.

Bleh.

See you guys later today!