Friday, September 29, 2006

Drive down! Vexxarr late!

It's not what you think. It's worse. My work drive is sick. I'm desperately trying to move data from my LaCie Big Disk onto a new Big Disk I just acquired for this very purpose. It's a slow and tense process. I'll have Vexxarr up tonight...

See, I do Vexx on a PC. PC's chew up operating systems. Mac's chew up drives. It's just one of those things you have to deal with as a Mac owner. Problem is, when your OS goes belly up. Assuming you've instituted safeguards like multiple hard drives in your PC, none of your data goes away. When your hard drives are constantly under the barrage of needless internal data management like in say...a Mac. Well, you're screwed.

So...

If I can keep my old LaCie alive long enough to x-fer 460GB of my life, blood and tears to my new LaCie. I'll be in the clear. You know, I just had an idea: Maybe I should use a PC as a server and backup for my Mac data. See cuz on a PC when you aren't using the drive...the computer isn't using it either.

Are you listening Apple?